1 head of garlic, peeled
1 cup chopped parsley
1 jalepeno, seeded if u like.
some lemon juice or citric acid
salt & black pepper to taste
2lbs chicken breast, cleaned and cubed.
Mortar and pestle , or food proccesor
- Crush the parsley, garlic, pepper, salt together until its in paste form.
- cover the chicken cubes with it, then add black pepper and lemon juice (one lemon, or 1/2 tsp citric acid) and let it sit for a while, to marinate.
- Skewer them once ready. Space them out a bit so they evenly cook.
- to cook: place on a hot grill, let is cook on each side for 5 mins and keep flipping them to prevent burning.
Silky Ground Chicken Kabobs:
I got this recipe from a book i have called: "Perfect Indian" that nour gave me.
Ingredients: I doubled this recipe here but this is the original from the book.
1/3 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp light cream (used half & half)
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
2 fresh green hot peppers, coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsbp butter, melted
chutney to serve.. (i didnt have any)
- put the cashews in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, let soak for 20 mins.Drain and put in a food processor. Add the cream and egg and process into a coarse mixture.
- add all the remaining ingredients, except the oil and melted butter, and process until smooth. Transfer into a bowl, cover, let chill for 30 mins in the fridge. (mine turned out a little greener than the picture in the book, its supposed to be golden yellow)
- Preheat the broiler to high. Brush the rack and 8 metal presoaked wooden skewers lightly with oil. have a bowl of cold water ready
- divide the chilled mixture into 8 equal size portions. Dip your hands into the bowl of old water-this will stop it from sticking- and carefully mold the chicken onto the skewers. ( I didnt put them on skewers)
- Arange the kabobs on the prepared rack and cook for 4 mins. Brush with half the melted butter and cook for one more minute. Turn over and cook for 3 more mins, baste with butter , turn and cook for 2 more mins. ( I skipped the butter)
- remove from heat and let rest for 5 mins before sliding them off the skewers. Enjoy!
Then i put them on skewers and gave them a head start on the griddle (yes I use a griddle, see more about it here)
I really hope you enjoyed!!